3 December 2011




 

    
The smell of pine filled Tommy’s nostrils as he bounced along the path. He sneezed. Damn that high pollen count!
     Just then, a strange, beaked creature darted across the track, disappearing into the undergrowth. Tommy slammed on his brakes. What was that? He dropped his bike and peered into the bushes. Nothing! Maybe it was some weird featherless bird. But instead of wings, Tommy was sure it had hands.
     Tommy shrugged and mounted his bike. Suddenly, something landed on his back. Tommy yelped as he felt a sharp object puncture his skin. His bike wobbled and fell to the ground…




4 comments:

Jane Robertson said...

How could you leave it there????

Waiting for the next installment...

Is it a hairy goblin????

Unknown said...

hahaha you and your hairy goblins!!

Remember the chapter book I wrote for the writing course? And the 100 words I submitted for the student competition won a book. This is it.
Remember what the tutor said about my chapter book? eek :) We both felt so bad. hehe

I thought it went well with my magpie photo. Poor thing was being savaged by two other mags. He decided it was a safer option to climb the cat ladder and have his picture taken out the window. He was missing his eye on the other side. Found him dead the next day. :(

Jane Robertson said...

Oh no. Poor Maggie. Now I understand the photo/story connection (yes I remember the story...). Ooooh I feel sad :-( I wonder why s/he was being picked on?

I was brain-dead yesterday. Started working on The Bay News at 7.00am and still going solidly at 4.00pm. More today. It's a big job considering it's all voluntary.

Yes, definitely into hairy goblins...

Pukeko G said...

It looks like a double-chinned hand puppet .. and a scary one at that !!