15 December 2011





An eerie silence fills the graveyard as the fog slithers in, smothering all in its path.

On a twisted branch, a raven waits.

Juliet wakens as Romeo draws the last few breaths of life.
Desperately she nudges his rigid, pain-wracked body.

With her heart breaking, she watches as the soul is sucked from his eyes.

He is still.

"O Romeo, my love, whatever shall I do?" she whispers.

Suddenly, she remembers...Peter.

"O Peter, Peter! Where art thou Peter Rabbit?"

With a flick of her tail she hops off in search of love's sweet fruit.

The raven swoops...




 









5 comments:

Pukeko G said...

hmm .. NZ Whites in the land of Ravens ! She didn't grieve long did she ?!

Unknown said...

NZ Whites originated in Mexico.
And of course, Mexico is a land of Ravens.

There completes your lesson for today, young man. :j

Jane Robertson said...

Hehehe - I remember this one. Such a hoot (whoops - that's an owl), so unexpected. Poor old Romeo.

Shows how a writer can take advantage of people's assumptions/expectations and play on that.

Love the pansy pic :-)

Pukeko G said...

Never assume Jane .. or anyone else caring to read these pearls of wisdom. ... Or you will make an ASS out of U and ME .. :o0>

The Happy Whisk said...

Another good one. I'm catching up on your blog before I go to sleepy sleep.

I forgot to tell you that the other night I had a dream that zombies were trying to get me. My first ever zombie dream.

They didn't get me though.