1 June 2012




Why does the sound of glass shattering make people quickly turn their heads?



Today as I left The Warehouse, I dropped a large glass cookie jar.

It seemed to happen in slow motion...the fall to the floor...the phew! moment when it bounced unscathed...then the almighty...SMASH!

gulp!

A young shop assistant scurried over. 
"Don't worry," she said. "Go and choose another one."

Talk about doing the walk of shame.
The jars were at the far end of the shop, and I'm sure everyone's eyes bored into me. 


I was the colour of beetroot.
:(



The new cookie jar made it safely home, and he's waiting to be filled!



Mmmmm...
Perhaps some Chocolate Melt cookies, or some Anzacs.


Yum Yum
:)




8 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

That, is a BEAUTIFUL jar. Love it.

Pukeko G said...

Wot a great shot .. looks like a glass band rotunda. :) How big is the hole at the top ??

Unknown said...

Big enough for your hand to fit in! :)

Jane Robertson said...

It IS a gorgeous jar/gorgeous photo. In an odd way it will be all the more special because of the story that goes with it :-O

I can so appreciate how you must have felt Niki :-((

Please give us another post when the jar is full of something (maybe PG's hand!!).

dkm said...

Beautiful jar, beautiful photo---reminds me of a quote I have posted near my writing desk:

"Every dewdrop and raindrop had a whole heaven within it." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Will watch for PG's stuck fist---like the proverbial monkey in a coconut shell :-)

dkm said...

And oh I do know that kind of shame--- from the time my daughter at age five or so knocked over a curio shelf in a gift shop. Oy vey!

Ray Kay Jay said...

oh dear, we have that same cookie jar, full of marbles. I'd hate to drop that on the floor too :-)

Pukeko G said...

I would not like for you to lose your marbles either Ray! And as for the hole size .. the only difference between me and the monkey (apart from the hairy bum) is I would be running around with a glass jar on my hand .. not tied to one spot!