7 September 2013



Rogey Pig 




Today Rogey and his ladies and his babies broke through the gate of their paddock and helped themselves to the old milk and dairy products.

"Come on!" I said. "I'm a few minutes late and THIS happens?!"




 Honey Pig took one look at me and squealed, "Food's here!" 

She proceeded to chase me round the truck, round the trailer, and round and round the wheelie bins until I managed to grab two french sticks and a loaf. 

With bread in hand, I scuttled towards the broken gate coughing and practically wetting my pants. 
Coughing because I'm in flu recovery and practically wetting my pants because ... 
A: I have a weak bladder and B: I was a tad scared.

And who wouldn't be scared with three enormous pigs after them!

Honey, Janey and Rog followed me through the gate and into their paddock where I tossed the bread as far away as I could ... which wasn't very far because I'm one of those 'girl' throwers. 

But it gave me enough time to get back, put the gate on its hinges and tie pretty knots at each end.

Haa! Haa!



Meanwhile, the babies were enjoying heads down and butts up!





5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my goodness. That does sound scary. And what a mess. Bad piggies, bad piggies.

Jane Robertson said...

Sorry Niki - I laughed!! I know it wasn't funny at the time. But wow, Rogey & Co must have thought it was birthday and Christmas rolled into one.

I have to say the twine looks none too secure against a full-grown pig.

Great pics and story :-)

Pukeko G said...

I couldn't see the top two photos :(

Pukeko G said...

Think Rog needs to clean his teeth.

dkm said...

fabulous story---what an amazing life you lead!
Could even a mother love that face?