9 August 2013





I'm trying to ignore the fact that I'm lumbering around the internet like a big lazy dinosaur ... 
I am without broadband *sigh*

If it takes a month of Sundays to upload a photo, then so be it. 
It means I can toddle off and do other jobs while I wait. 

I've started wandering around the farm in the late afternoon taking photos of things I wouldn't normally ... 
hence the barbed wire.

There's been many a time I've hooked my botty on one of those bad boys. Ghastly stuff!

I like to fiddle with the white balance on my little dude camera.
This time I set it to 'shade' and it gave a beautiful richness to the colours. I also love it when I make my camera do fuzzy fronts and backs. Very cool!

Can you see the poo on the wire? I'm guessing birdie revenge.





6 comments:

Pukeko G said...

What a sharp photo ! :) Get the point ? You could call the fence Barb-era. In this case barbera is double trouble with a twist !

Unknown said...

*rolls eyes*

Jane Robertson said...

Now I have another friend who is great with word plays/puns etc. Never thought I'd meet someone to rival John!!! This sentence is a bit like skimming stones - how many hits can you get with the one stone?!

As for the photo - I love it. Love the colour, light, texture and the subject - very kiwi. Even the ugliest things can be beautiful depending on how you look at them (doesn't work in mirror though!).

Pukeko G said...

I think the eye rolling is due to the alcohol intake ! :) And the mirror thing doesn't work as there isn't anything ugly to see there !

dkm said...

Ha ha re: rolling eyes and follow-up.
So it's a Kiwi trait to see beauty in the ordinary and plain? Wonder if it's also a generational trait. Seems I have greater appreciation for the ugly and the ordinary as i age---even in the mirror! Or at least I'm not as vain as I once was.
Meantime, that's a barbed wire beauty. Hats off to the photographer!

Pukeko G said...

Hi Debs .. maybe not just Kiwi .. more as age moves along with us we see more than we used to and look for the good. ;o))<