1 March 2012



caramel square





I'm all in a tummy squishy fluster.


Silly me offered to bake for a PTA fundraising dinner. Something I never do.


I thought surely I could cope with a simple slice in between stalking ferrets and dealing with the other things happening round here.


And it was looking good, too. The base was passable, the caramel came ready-made in a tin, and the chocolate icing spread easily. Phew!


But this morning...the icing was too soft. 
:(
When I cut the slice the icing slid and drooped over the sides and didn't look at all appealing. And to make matters worse, I'd eaten so much (for taste-testing purposes) that there was a piece short. 


So, using a bit of kiwi ingenuity, I cut the slices smaller and produced that missing piece (plus several others :) :) 
And any icing who threatened to throw itself overboard got trimmed immediately!


Now I can safely say that my caramel slices look tidy and square as they sit in the freezer hardening their heads. 


Let's hope I remember to get them out in time to thaw a bit before delivery...








5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. Taste testing purposes. Excellent.

Jane Robertson said...

Well, i bet they are just as good - better indeed - than those scrumptious squares (rectangles) from last weekend!! Way too good for PTA...

dkm said...

Mmmm---you can't go wrong with chocolate and caramel---overboard or not---the better to lick it off!

Pukeko G said...

So your diet is a 'see food' diet ?? What you see you eat ?

Jane Robertson said...

That's a low blow PG - but funny!!