7 June 2013




Wool 'n' Nuts Farm

Where the outside air is minus 3 and the paddocks are sheets of twinkly white. 

Where the calves think that jostling me round and round until we're covered in milk, poop and slobber will get them their breakfast faster.

Where the cows bellow as I struggle with their bales of hay.

Where the pigs presume it's quite all right to have sex and eat cream buns at the same time.

Where the roosters cock-a-doodle in my ears until I donk them with bread sticks.

Where the only relief for my stinging red fingers is to milk Heidi the  goat.

And if that wasn't enough fun...

Where I come inside to find the kittens have missed the litterbox and trampled stinkys across the floor.

Life on Wool 'n' Nuts Farm!







23 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

You my dear, are and have been for some time, my favorite blogger. I LOVE the way you write.

Pukeko G said...

So where did you get the time to stop and take photos ?! I was looking forward to the twinkling white grass etc.

Jane Robertson said...

As I've always said, entirely too much poo and sex at your place ;-)

I agree Happy Whisk.

Jane Robertson said...

Is this the roo on your fb page???

Unknown said...

No, the fb roo is far more manly :)

Jane Robertson said...

'Manly roo' lol

I do like the colour in this photo - kind of luminous. And is that a touch of frost in the foreground?

I must admit your photos are making me dissatisfied with my camera. I would like to be able to zoom in closer for some shots.

Unknown said...

I think your camera takes lovely photos. The colours, especially the sky, are beautiful.

My camera doesn't zoom in as much as I'd like. I crop my photos with photo editing software. Cuts out all the unwanted stuff and brings your subject closer.

I will show you how :)

Unknown said...

Yes frost, and the posts under the shed iron show a hint of steam from the morning sun. :)

Pukeko G said...

Steamy poop and steamy sex .. we got it all !! LOL

Unknown said...

You're worse than the pigs! lol

Jane Robertson said...

R18

Pukeko G said...

Author is a pig ! :)

Unknown said...

Commenter is a cream bun! :)

Pukeko G said...

Author a Strawberry Bun !! :)

Unknown said...

Commenter a Donut! hahaha :p

Pukeko G said...

You mean delicious !!?

Pukeko G said...

or ... goes straight to the hips !!? lol

Unknown said...

No, I mean a hole in the head! lol :p :p :p

Pukeko G said...

Well thats not very nice ..

Unknown said...

awwwww I'm solly:( You're delicious AND go straight to my hips. :D lol

dkm said...

Incorrigible flirts!

dkm said...

:-) If I dare take us back to the original content of the post, it is a lovely enough description to land you an appearance on Mike Row's Dirty Jobs show!

Pukeko G said...

Not sure I have seen that show .. It's jolly wet in Canterbury at the moment !! AND they are talking of record snow later this week !! Hope not ! Nice to hear from you :)